The company was founded in Osterode, near Hanover in Germany in 1909 by Anton Piller and acquired by the British owned multi-disciplined global engineering group, Langley Holdings PLC in 2004 www.langleyholdings.com. Piller provides mission critical power solutions whatever the application.
Piller UPS clients include banking and other financial institutions, telecommunications networks, broadcasters, healthcare facilities, airports and air traffic control, computer data centres, various production facilities and many other companies and organisations that require a totally reliable high capacity power source. Piller converters and related products are widespread in both military and civil applications providing ground power systems to airports worldwide and shore-to-ship and on-board power systems for both submarine and surface vessels
Piller headquarters today are still located in Osterode, near Hannover, with a network of international subsidiaries, employing around 750 people world wide.