About Piller

Piller was founded in Hamburg 1909 by German engineer Anton Piller. 

Employing around 1000 people worldwide, Piller is headquartered in Osterode, near Hanover, Germany, with subsidiaries across Europe, the Americas and Australasia.

Modern, purpose built manufacturing and R&D facilities at Piller's Osterode headquarters in Germany, and purpose built assembly and testing facility at nearby Bilshausen, Germany are absolutely state-of-the-art. These facilities are widely are situated in 14 hectares with more than 50,000m² of accommodation.

The Bilshausen facility, which was built in 2001 houses state-of-the-art equipment for the assembly and test of Piller's renowned high-capacity diesel UNIBLOCK rotary range; the facility was expanded in 2009 significantly increasing the assembly areas and incorporating additional test bays capable of testing systems up to 3000kVA, making Bilshausen the most modern facility of its' kind anywhere.

The Piller group is a wholly owned subsidiary of the multi-disciplined global UK engineering and industrial group, Langley Holdings Plc. In 2016, Piller acquired Active Power Inc., the flywheel energy storage specialist. 

File Name Size
Piller Group Profile DE 1.38 MB Download
Langley Holdings Overview 3.58 MB Download