Piller UB-V Series UPS power and protection for Hyperscale Data Centres
Ten-year forecasts for Cloud Hyperscale data centres point to hundreds of new builds of 100MW power capacity and above.
To meet these growing cloud needs Piller’s latest UNIBLOCK™ UB-V Series Electrically Coupled UPS power infrastructure has been specifically designed for large scale data centres in this decade and the next.
UB-V UPS with power ratings ranging from 1.0MW / 1.10MVA to 3.24MW / 3.60MVA and paralleling up to 100MW / 115MVA makes them the ideal solution for hyperscale deployments.
Piller UB-V Electrically Coupled UPS units are packed with advanced features including an extended power range and newly developed technologies.
These include a new architecture, control platform, self-diagnostics and the addition of Piller’s e-VENTLOG™ monitoring and maintenance package.
The UB-V range can be configured to work efficiently with renewable and alternative sustainable energy sources.
Electrically Coupled UB-V Series UPS features and benefits
- The UB-V series unit’s power ratings range from 1100kVA 1.0MW to 3600kVA 3.24MW in both battery and kinetic energy storage versions, making them ideal for large scale deployment.
- To minimise the need for human intervention, allow monitoring and even manage data centres remotely, the UB-V series offers a unique service regime which means that units can be condition-monitored remotely and can have off-line service intervals as little as once every five years.
- Extended service intervals are made possible through the UB-V’s much higher reliability, typically achieving up to 5 times more than its nearest rivals of conventional static UPS. This is achieved by using fewer components and eliminating component wear parts such as power capacitors.
- Operating efficiency is a key financial driver for the modern data centre. On-line mode UB-V efficiency is typically higher than that for conventional static UPS across most of the load operating range – thereby reducing energy costs without compromising protection.
- Piller UB-V solutions are also designed for integration with renewable and sustainable energy sources, having bi-directional power flow for feeding energy back to the grid or transferring from one energy source to another within a micro-grid.
- Piller’s UB-V units removes the need for multiple module paralleling to achieve higher power ratings. Less paralleling can also provide better reliability and higher availability in the power string of large data centres.
- UB-V systems can save on space and capital infrastructure cost. They can operate at low or medium voltage levels to give greater flexibility in scheme design as data centres continue to grow.
Condensing the multiple paralleled solutions of other technologies into a single unit, cuts cost and increases reliability in large data centre mission-critical environments.
UB-V UPS units with a battery power source compare favourably with battery backed static systems by providing efficiency of up to 98% at 100% load and 97% at 50% load. This compares with common static which typically operates at 96.3% at 50% and 100% loads.
Piller scalable UPS technology is ideal for all data centre operators for stable, reliable, conditioned power and protection at the heart of their power chain.
Piller plans to offer 5.0MW “single-entity” medium voltage solutions by 2025 and up to 10.0MW by the end of the decade in a collaboration with Italian motor and generator producer, Marelli Motori.
|UB-V Series for Data Centres Brochure||749.32 KB||Download|
|Piller UB-V Series Data Center Sector Flyer 50Hz||499.52 KB||Download|
|Piller UB-V Series Data Center Sector Flyer 60Hz||499.79 KB||Download|